U.S. TAX AND CANADIAN TAX
At SDG Accountant, our tax accountants provide compliance services and professional advice on U.S. federal, state and local taxes for businesses and individuals including:
State and Local Taxation
Multi-state taxes can account for more than half of a business’ tax liability. At SDG Accountant, we understand the impact of state and local taxes on a business.
With over 80,000 U.S. state and local tax jurisdictions – each with its own set of rules and regulations
– state and local laws, statutes, regulations and rules are constantly changing and expanding. Many businesses are unaware of the tax exposure created by their presence in other states, which can lead to additional penalties and interest if not properly handled.
In today’s business environment, successful organizations are those that manage and plan for every cost. SDG Accountant’s tax professionals can help clients minimize state and local income and franchise taxes.
With the assistance of SDG Accountant’s multistate professionals in the U.S., we can offer additional state and local services with respect to sales and use tax and property tax compliance and consulting.
Accounting for U.S. Income Taxes
Our professionals are well equipped to help clients navigate the myriad of complex U.S. tax and accounting guidance in the following areas:
- Deferred Income Tax Reconciliation
- Valuation Allowance Analysis
- Income Tax Contingencies
- Repatriation of Earnings
- FIN 48 – Uncertain Tax Positions
SDG Accountants can provide consultation regarding assessing U.S. taxes positions to assist management in the required analysis of accounting for uncertain tax positions. Examples of projects that we can perform include:
- Inventory Tax Positions
- Permanent Establishment Analysis
- Subpart F Analysis
- Loss limitation Analysis
- Transfer Pricing Studies (provided by our transfer pricing group).