We are currently seeking a full-time CPA Candidate to join our team in Toronto
As an up-and-coming start-up CPA firm, SDG is looking for an ambitious, hardworking, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and technically sound senior accountant. You are going to be an integral part of helping this firm grow to be viable.
This role will assist with bookkeeping, payroll, managing banking and finance relationships, management reporting, government filings, and general business advice. In addition, the team also offers Notice to Reader (NTR) Financial Statements, corporate income tax preparation, and filing, preparation of audit working papers, and T3s, T4s, and T5s.
- Bookkeeping including preparation of adjusting journal entries, preparation of bank reconciliations, calculation of depreciation, income tax accruals, and reconciliation of inter-company accounts
- Preparation of client payroll using internet-based payroll service providers
- Handling Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Accounts Payable, Record Keeping, Over All Structure of the Office
- Preparation of Notice to Reader financial statements
- Preparation of tax returns (T1, T2 & T3) including tax and regulatory forms (T4, T5, HST, EHT & WSIB)
- Drafting correspondence related to client engagements
- Coordinate with clients to gather information and be available to answer questions, while conducting high-level tax research and also communicating with Canada Revenue Agency to resolve issues for clients
- Reporting to the Owner of the firm and providing updates on progress.
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years experience working in an accounting firm doing Full-Cycle Accounting & Tax
- Successfully completed all Educational Requirements for CPA & In-Depth Tax Courses
- Proficient in Quickbooks Online, Word, and Advanced Excel Skills, and highly computer literate overall
- Knowledge of Cantax Tax Software OR Similar Professional Tax Software
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential to this role
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure