U.S. EXPATRIATE TAX SERVICES
U.S. Expatriate Taxes — At SDG Accountant, our U.S. tax specialists provide compliance services and professional advice on U.S. federal, state and local taxes for businesses and individuals including:
U.S. Expatriate Taxes
Our Expatriate Tax professionals are experienced in providing both U.S. and Canadian tax compliance and consulting services with respect to cross-border employment transfers. We can help companies with mobile employees navigate U.S. tax laws and address a number of expatriate issues, including:
- Consulting on compensation, relocation and tax equalization policies, including the implications of stock options and awards
- Payroll advisory services
- Business advisory services
- Preparation of U.S. and Canadian tax returns for employees
We have access to SDG Accountants’ worldwide network of expatriate tax professionals to assist in tax planning and compliance matters for other countries.
Mergers and Acquisitions
SDG Accountants can help sellers and buyers of a U.S. corporate business:
- Determine whether the acquisition should be structured as a taxable or nontaxable transaction.
- If nontaxable, determine the type of tax-free transaction that should be used to
accomplish the parties’ individual goals.
- If taxable, decide whether the transaction should be structured as a stock or asset
- Maximize the use of any net operating losses and other tax attributes of the business being acquired.
- Identify other consequences that should be addressed in the negotiation process, including where the purchaser and/or seller are members of an affiliated group filing a consolidated return.
Our experienced professionals also can help sellers and buyers of businesses conducted as sole proprietorships or partnerships. In addition, we can help identify other possible tax concerns as part of the due diligence and negotiation process.